Do you wish to make payments online in a hassle-free manner?
Are you among those who do not have credit cards, debit cards, and even bank accounts or access to any such financial services?
If you have access to the above-mentioned things but are still worried about successful and secure transactions for online payments?
Well, if your answer is yes then congratulations, your trouble ends here. We are here with the genuine reviews of one of the most promising and popular prepaid cards, that is, the NetSpend Prepaid Card.
Get detailed information about the NetSpend Prepaid Card, reviews of the customers along with the pros and cons of its usage.
Let’s begin with the review, starting with a discussion about the card.
What is NetSpend Prepaid Card?
NetSpend Prepaid Card is a form of Debit Card or Visa Master Card that offers you a facility of making online transactions in a safe and secure manner even if you don’t have a bank account or access to any such financial services.
The prepaid cards by NetSpend are said to give tough competition to the checking account credit cards, debit cards, and also cash. You just need to register with the NetSpend Network and provide them with your names and addresses. The company will mail you your personalized prepaid cards that you will have to activate.
The NetSpend Prepaid Cards are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and you can easily add, withdraw and transfer money with ease. With the NetSpend Prepaid Card, you can access multiple features like a person–to–person bank transfer, online shopping and direct deposit of cheques, etc.
Also Read: TJMaxx Credit Card Login Guide
The Reviews of NetSpend Prepaid Cards
Below we have stated some of the genuine reviews so that you can take your decision of going with NetSpend prepaid cards without any difficulty:
- The NetSpend Prepaid Cards are easy to get. You can get yours by registering on the official website of NetSpend with your name and address. Your customized prepaid NetSpend card will be sent to you that you will have to activate.
Here is a simple guide you can follow to activate the Netspend Prepaid cards freely from your home.
- You can get, activate and use the NetSpend Prepaid Cards without any Activation Fee.
- There is nothing like the ‘Minimum Balance Requirements’ for your NetSpend Prepaid card.
- You can easily add and withdraw money from your NetSpend Prepaid card along with making hassle-free online payments and transfers.
- The OverDraft Grace Period or Courtesy Cushion is available along with the optional overdraft coverage.
- It is tested that you can get your paycheck two days earlier with the direct deposit option to your NetSpend account.
- You can manage your NetSpend Prepaid Card right from your mobile phone with the help of a mobile application.
- You will get transaction alerts from NetSpend whenever your card gets a deposit, withdraw, or has a low balance.
- You need not worry if you don’t have a bank account or debit or credit card. With NetSpend Prepaid Cards, you can make all online transactions in a safe and secure manner.
- These cards are quite expensive in comparison to regular debit or credit cards.
- If you do not use your NetSpend card for over 90 days then you will be charged an inactivity fee of $5.95.
- If you do not enroll in the direct deposit facility of NetSpend Prepaid Cards then you will be charged with a monthly rate of $9.95 or a per-transaction rate of $1.50.
- If you withdraw from an ATM with your NetSpend Prepaid Card then you will have to pay a fee of $2.50.
- The card issuers even charge you for cash reload with a fee of $3.95.
- The optional overdraft service of the NetSpend cards costs up to $20 per overdraft (even up to five times a month).
- There is no way of a fee waiver if you opt for the NetSpend Cards.
So, by now we expect that all your doubts regarding the reviews of the NetSpend prepaid cards will have become clear. So, choose wisely by comparing the both pros and cons of the NetSpend Prepaid card.
If you want to know how Netspend cards work, you can read this guide for complete understanding.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is NetSpend?
Ans:- NetSpend is a well-known Global payments company that offers the facility of prepaid master and visa cards to its customers along with multiple benefits. It allows you to use almost all the banking or financial services even without having an actual bank account.
NetSpend is a registered agent of The Bancorp Bank, Meta Bank, North America, and Republic Bank and Trust Company. It has millions of satisfied customers with its prepaid card services.
2. What is a Prepaid Card?
Ans:- Prepaid means ‘Pay Before Use’. You might have heard about prepaid SIM cards which you first have to recharge and then you can use the calling or internet services. The same is the case with Prepaid Cards. You need to first deposit money onto your prepaid cards through cash, cheques, bank accounts, or direct deposits before using the Prepaid Card services.
4. Will my NetSpend Prepaid Card be Insured?
Ans:- Yes, your Prepaid Card will be insured by the FDIC that keeps your amounts and funds safe. In case your issuer goes bankrupt, your money will be safe with FDIC.
But for this, you will have to register your NetSpend card with your name and other identification information.
5. Is NetSpend Prepaid Card trustworthy and legit?
Ans:- Yes, these are 100% trustworthy and legit. They are managed by the NetSpend group which is a registered agent of The Bancorp Bank, Meta Bank, North America.
These Cards are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation that makes them legit. Your funds will be safe here, in case your issuer goes bankrupt.